HVD Alliance Established By 19 EnterprisesApril 30, 2004 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics
It is being reported in the Chinese media that the HVD Alliance, also called the High-clearness Video Disk Industry Alliance, was formally established in Shanghai on April 28 by 19 enterprises from the industry, including Skyworth, Changhong and TCL, for the purpose of seizing a larger market share in the new round of DVD market competition.
It is known that the founders of HVD–Skyworth, Changhong and TCL–are also members of the EVD Alliance that was established in 2003. Their participation in HVD at this time suggests that their current involvement in the EVD Alliance is minimal. Despite this, there they have not expressed any intention of withdrawing from the Alliance.
Leave A Comment:
- Microsoft, ZTE Sign China-focused Android Patent Licensing Agreement
- Impenetrable Taiwan: China Mobile Terminates Purchase Of Far EasTone Shares
- ZTE Responds To Huawei's European Patent Lawsuit
- Taiwanese Display Maker Sues Nokia For Touch Screen Patent Infringement
- Copyright Problems: Xunlei's Gougou.com Terminates Chinese Search Service