China Unicom Users Pass 100 MillionMay 11, 2004 | Print | Comments | Category: Telecom & Wireless
China Unicom said Monday its number of mobile phone subscribers exceeded 100 million by May 5, becoming the third largest mobile phone network operator in the world after China Mobile and Vodafone.
Among the subscribers, 22.56 million are CDMA mobile phone users. The telecom operator now boasts a GSM network that covers 328 regions and cities in the mainland and opened roaming service in 75 foreign countries and regions.
Leave A Comment:
- Microsoft, ZTE Sign China-focused Android Patent Licensing Agreement
- Impenetrable Taiwan: China Mobile Terminates Purchase Of Far EasTone Shares
- ZTE Responds To Huawei's European Patent Lawsuit
- Taiwanese Display Maker Sues Nokia For Touch Screen Patent Infringement
- Copyright Problems: Xunlei's Gougou.com Terminates Chinese Search Service