Fingerprint Identification Technology To Be Adopted At Internet CafesMarch 15, 2005 | Print | Comments | Category: Security
Fang Chunming, head of the Anhui Provincial Youth League, has disclosed to local media that a fingerprint identification system will be adopted in all Internet cafes across China's Anhui province by July this year.
The system is expected to prevent underage patrons from entering the cafes and to help improve management in those cafes in the province.
According to Fang, a great number of illegal cafes are spreading throughout the communities, and it is difficult for the local government to monitor. Fang also says online games contribute to lower examination scores for students and the fingerprint system will better track the effect that computers have on society's youth.
Leave A Comment:
- Microsoft, ZTE Sign China-focused Android Patent Licensing Agreement
- Impenetrable Taiwan: China Mobile Terminates Purchase Of Far EasTone Shares
- ZTE Responds To Huawei's European Patent Lawsuit
- Taiwanese Display Maker Sues Nokia For Touch Screen Patent Infringement
- Copyright Problems: Xunlei's Gougou.com Terminates Chinese Search Service