TSMC Wafers DipApril 26, 2005 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics
Quarterly results for TSMC (TSM), announced today, show a decrease in revenue, largely a result of the company's decline in wafer shipments.
First quarter revenue reached NT$55.65 billion while net income and fully diluted earnings per share came to NT$16.82 billion and NT$0.72 per share, respectively.
On a sequential basis, first quarter results represent a 12.9% decrease in revenue, a 24.2% decrease in net income and a 25.3% decrease in fully diluted EPS.
TSMC says the 12.9% decrease in first quarter revenue mainly resulted from an 8.8% decrease in wafer shipments and a 4.4% weaker US dollar against the local currency. The average wafer selling price remained at the same level.
Gross margin for the first quarter declined to 38.9% from the previous quarter's 42.5%, due to lower levels of wafer output and the unfavorable movement of the currency exchange rate. Net margin for the quarter was 30.2%, while
it was 34.7% in the last quarter.
Leave A Comment:
- ZTE Responds To Huawei's European Patent Lawsuit
- Taiwanese Display Maker Sues Nokia For Touch Screen Patent Infringement
- Copyright Problems: Xunlei's Gougou.com Terminates Chinese Search Service
- Chinese Government Steps In To Regulate Internet Retail Services
- Chinese Online Literature Search Service Opened By Cloudary, Qihoo 360