Chinadotcom Changed To CDC; Hongkong.com Changed To China.comApril 28, 2005 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
chinadotcom corporation (CHINA) announced today that shareholders have adopted management's proposal to change the name of the company to "CDC Corporation".
To make things a bit more confusing, hongkong.com Corporation (8006.HK), CDC's 81%-owned subsidiary, also announced today that its shareholders have adopted a proposal to change its name to "China.com Inc."
CDC has adopted a new website address at www.cdccorporation.net. The new corporate website will be launched the week of May 2, 2005, but investors may find it difficult to remember to append a ".net" to that website destination. The www.cdccorporation.com domain name is registered to a company called Customer Driven Communications in Arizona.
CDC's stock symbol "CHINA" listed on NASDAQ remains unchanged.
CDC is also an oft-used abbreviation for the Centers for Disease Control in the United States.
Leave A Comment:
- ZTE Responds To Huawei's European Patent Lawsuit
- Taiwanese Display Maker Sues Nokia For Touch Screen Patent Infringement
- Copyright Problems: Xunlei's Gougou.com Terminates Chinese Search Service
- Chinese Government Steps In To Regulate Internet Retail Services
- Chinese Online Literature Search Service Opened By Cloudary, Qihoo 360