Novell Top Linux Choice In ChinaMarch 2, 2006 | Print | Comments | Category: Software
New research from CCID Consulting shows Novell (NOVL) is still tops in China with a 25.1% share of the Linux market in China.
CCID Consulting's report finds Novell with a Linux leadership position in China, outpacing both local Chinese Linux distributors as well as other global Linux vendors in adoption by Chinese customers.
Novell strengthened its position in China in 2005, establishing new research and development, technical support and training facilities, fortifying partnerships with CS2C, Hua Wei, ZTE, Neusoft, and Skybility, and serving customers like People's Bank of China, China Construction Bank, Bank of Communications Shanghai Branch, and the China Meteorological Administration.
Novell also launched a Chinese language version of its openSUSE project at openSUSE.org.cn, the first global Linux distributor with a dedicated Chinese site. To date, the company says there have been nearly 100,000 visitors to Novell's openSUSE site in China.
Leave A Comment:
- Microsoft, ZTE Sign China-focused Android Patent Licensing Agreement
- Impenetrable Taiwan: China Mobile Terminates Purchase Of Far EasTone Shares
- ZTE Responds To Huawei's European Patent Lawsuit
- Taiwanese Display Maker Sues Nokia For Touch Screen Patent Infringement
- Copyright Problems: Xunlei's Gougou.com Terminates Chinese Search Service