Kingsoft Unveils Anti-Virus USB DiskMarch 29, 2006 | Print | Comments | Category: Security
Chinese software provider Kingsoft announced that it is entering the electronics industry with the launch of China's first "portable anti-virus device", which is a modified USB disk that contains both the latest anti-virus software and an area to safely backup data.
According to a representative from Kingsoft, the new disk is made by an OEM and Kingsoft is responsible for promoting the brand.
Wang Quanguo, vice president of Kingsoft, says that the company's entry into the digital electronics sector is part of the firm's reforms initiated at the beginning of 2006.
Kingsoft says it aims to take up 5% of the domestic USB disk market with the new device.
Leave A Comment:
- Microsoft, ZTE Sign China-focused Android Patent Licensing Agreement
- Impenetrable Taiwan: China Mobile Terminates Purchase Of Far EasTone Shares
- ZTE Responds To Huawei's European Patent Lawsuit
- Taiwanese Display Maker Sues Nokia For Touch Screen Patent Infringement
- Copyright Problems: Xunlei's Gougou.com Terminates Chinese Search Service