PCCW, China Telecom Work On EthernetMay 14, 2006 | Print | Comments | Category: Telecom & Wireless
Hong Kong based communication service provider PCCW and the mainland's China Telecom will together operate an Ethernet line to provide fast trans-border point-to-point communications service to clients in both Hong Kong and the mainland.
PCCW's Xu Jiahui says the new service is specially designed for large amounts of communication traffic and can be used to transmit high-speed bandwidth data and store large amounts of video-based information.
Xu says that with more Hong Kong companies moving their logistics departments and manufacturing bases to the mainland, there is increasing demand for trans-border communication service.
Leave A Comment:
- Microsoft, ZTE Sign China-focused Android Patent Licensing Agreement
- Impenetrable Taiwan: China Mobile Terminates Purchase Of Far EasTone Shares
- ZTE Responds To Huawei's European Patent Lawsuit
- Taiwanese Display Maker Sues Nokia For Touch Screen Patent Infringement
- Copyright Problems: Xunlei's Gougou.com Terminates Chinese Search Service