User Generated Content Causes Problems For SouFun.comMay 11, 2007 | Print | Comments | Category: Law & Policy
Wang Yan, supervisor of a kindergarten in China, has brought online real estate service provider Soufun.com to court, accusing the website of harming her reputation and asking the company to pay her CNY50000 and issue an apology.
Wang says that Soufun.com had posted many articles that harmed her reputation and she had asked Soufun.com to delete the articles, but received no response. Wang's lawyer says that Soufun.com has violated his client's reputation by allowing Internet users to publish those articles on the website and they will not remove the articles from their website without the court's intercession.
A representative from Soufun.com says that Wang should sue the writers of the posts, instead of Soufun.com, as the company has already made it clear that users should be responsible for any remarks or comments they post on the forums within Soufun.com.
Leave A Comment:
- Microsoft, ZTE Sign China-focused Android Patent Licensing Agreement
- Impenetrable Taiwan: China Mobile Terminates Purchase Of Far EasTone Shares
- ZTE Responds To Huawei's European Patent Lawsuit
- Taiwanese Display Maker Sues Nokia For Touch Screen Patent Infringement
- Copyright Problems: Xunlei's Gougou.com Terminates Chinese Search Service