Stop The Presses: Yahoo China Changes Name!May 17, 2007 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
Yahoo China has announced plans to rename itself China Yahoo to show its drive for localization.
Yahoo China, now China Yahoo, representatives have told local media that they changed the name to suit their localization strategy and improve each business department's marketing capability.
Apart from name changing, China Yahoo has fully adjusted its internal structure and divided its lines of businesses into three main departments and is offering more responsibilities to the managers of each department.
Online business-to-business website Alibaba owns and runs China Yahoo on the mainland.
Leave A Comment:
- Goodbye Moto! Google Flips Failed Motorola Mobility Unit To China's Lenovo
- Chinese Websites Fail On DNS Outage Suspected From US Location
- Former Head Of Google Greater China Joins Qihoo 360
- China's Taobao.com Bans Sales Of Bitcoin-related Products
- Kingsoft Bestows Perpetual Office Software License On Tencent