Netease Launches New Search ServiceJuly 2, 2007 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
Chinese Internet portal Netease.com (NTES) has formally launched Yodao, a new search service which the company has developed on its own.
By launching this service, its three year deal with Google has fizzled away. Yodao is very similar to Baidu.com and Google.com in web page design. Fu Jing, a representative from Netease Yodao Marketing Department, has told local media that the service is currently being tested and it may launch more products in the future.
Netease apparently hopes to get a piece of China's domestic search engine advertising market with this service, but as there are still not many users using Netease's new search engine, the termination of cooperation with Google won't bring much loss for the latter.
Leave A Comment:
- Microsoft, ZTE Sign China-focused Android Patent Licensing Agreement
- Impenetrable Taiwan: China Mobile Terminates Purchase Of Far EasTone Shares
- ZTE Responds To Huawei's European Patent Lawsuit
- Taiwanese Display Maker Sues Nokia For Touch Screen Patent Infringement
- Copyright Problems: Xunlei's Gougou.com Terminates Chinese Search Service