Samsung: Fighting Fake Chinese Phone Named SamsongNovember 5, 2007 | Print | Comments | Category: Law & Policy
In cooperation with Beijing's Haidian and Fengtai Industry and Commerce Departments, South Korean mobile phone manufacture Samsung has identified 88 types of fake Samsung mobile phones in Beijing.
Beijing Haidian Industry and Commerce Department representatives, along with Jin Rongxu, director of Samsung's Legal Affairs Department, says they found up to 10 kinds of mobile phones using a similar trademark to that of Samsung. Apart from imitating Samsung's mobile phone types and look, the fake phones used such misspelled names as Samsumg, Amycall, and Samsong which make people think them to be Samsung's models.
According to local media reports, many buyers of these fake mobile phones purchased these devices from Fangshitong Market in Beijing. The market was later checked by Fengtai Industry and Commerce Department and they identified 78 counterfeit Samsung mobile phones.
9 Responses to “Samsung: Fighting Fake Chinese Phone Named Samsong”
Leave A Comment:
- Yandex Teams With Chinese E-commerce For Cross-Border Payments
- Hc360.com To Acquire Zol.com.cn For CNY1.5 Billion
- Linekong Invests CNY23 Million In Chinese E-ticket Provider
- China's Cheetah Mobile Acquires MobPartner For USD58 Million
- China's Tuniu.com Acquires Two Travel Agencies For Taiwanese Market Expansion