Chinese Mainland's Internet Population Tops 200 MillionJanuary 17, 2008 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
News from the China Internet Network Information Center is that by December 2007, Chinese mainland's Internet population had reached 210 million, which made China the second largest country in the world only next to the U.S. in terms of netizens.
CNNIC's data shows that by December last year, there were 163 million broadband users and 50.4 million wireless users in China.
Based on CNNIC's previous statistics, China saw an increase of 25 million Internet users in the first half of 2007 and 48 million new Internet users in the second half of the year. This means that there were about 200 new Internet users every minute in the second half of 2007.
Leave A Comment:
- Yandex Teams With Chinese E-commerce For Cross-Border Payments
- Hc360.com To Acquire Zol.com.cn For CNY1.5 Billion
- Linekong Invests CNY23 Million In Chinese E-ticket Provider
- China's Cheetah Mobile Acquires MobPartner For USD58 Million
- China's Tuniu.com Acquires Two Travel Agencies For Taiwanese Market Expansion