Chinese Mainland's Internet Population Tops 200 MillionJanuary 17, 2008 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
News from the China Internet Network Information Center is that by December 2007, Chinese mainland's Internet population had reached 210 million, which made China the second largest country in the world only next to the U.S. in terms of netizens.
CNNIC's data shows that by December last year, there were 163 million broadband users and 50.4 million wireless users in China.
Based on CNNIC's previous statistics, China saw an increase of 25 million Internet users in the first half of 2007 and 48 million new Internet users in the second half of the year. This means that there were about 200 new Internet users every minute in the second half of 2007.
Leave A Comment:
- China Unicom's Profit Climbs With Growing User Base And Lower Costs
- Xiaomi Moves Overseas Mobile Phone Data Away From Chinese Servers
- JD.com Teams With China Post To Expand O2O To Small Chinese Towns
- China Mobile's ARPU Drops While Net Profit Sinks 9.7%
- Lenovo Creates Mobile Phone Development Subsidiary