BNNC Asks Baidu To Apologize For Nude PicturesFebruary 19, 2008 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
Beijing Network News Council held a meeting on February 18 during which it reviewed Beijing online media's reports on and spread of the so-called "romantic pictures" of Hong Kong actors and actresses and criticized Chinese Internet search provider Baidu.com (BIDU) for spreading those pictures.
BNNC said that some websites had gone way below social morals in reporting and spreading the pictures by not making any judgment in their reports and misleading Chinese youth, particularly those teenagers who are fans of the relevant actors and actresses.
BNNC condemned Baidu.com, which was said to be the main platform for the spread of the pictures, and asked it to make a public apology for the harm its behaviors had done to Chinese society.
Leave A Comment:
- Xbox One Starts China Sales Via JD.com's Social Media Channels
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- Chinese Internet Shoppers Gain More Payment Options For Overseas Buys
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur