Chinese Companies Authorized To Produce Blu-Ray ProductsMay 23, 2008 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics
Eleven Chinese disc manufacturers, including TCL, Malata and Desay, have been authorized by Blu-ray Disc Association to produce Blue-Ray discs, CDs, and disc players next year.
According to president of Blu-ray Disc Association, each of the manufacturers have now turned to BD development since Toshiba's withdrawal from the HD DVD camp in February this year and BDA's member number has increased to 187 while that of International DVD Forum has decreased to 163 from 240.
It is estimated that the demand for consumer electronics and computers adopted with BD technology will reach 5.3 million this year and top 11 million by 2009.
One Response to “Chinese Companies Authorized To Produce Blu-Ray Products”
Leave A Comment:
- Goodbye Moto! Google Flips Failed Motorola Mobility Unit To China's Lenovo
- Chinese Websites Fail On DNS Outage Suspected From US Location
- Former Head Of Google Greater China Joins Qihoo 360
- China's Taobao.com Bans Sales Of Bitcoin-related Products
- Kingsoft Bestows Perpetual Office Software License On Tencent