Chinese Companies Authorized To Produce Blu-Ray ProductsMay 23, 2008 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics
Eleven Chinese disc manufacturers, including TCL, Malata and Desay, have been authorized by Blu-ray Disc Association to produce Blue-Ray discs, CDs, and disc players next year.
According to president of Blu-ray Disc Association, each of the manufacturers have now turned to BD development since Toshiba's withdrawal from the HD DVD camp in February this year and BDA's member number has increased to 187 while that of International DVD Forum has decreased to 163 from 240.
It is estimated that the demand for consumer electronics and computers adopted with BD technology will reach 5.3 million this year and top 11 million by 2009.
One Response to “Chinese Companies Authorized To Produce Blu-Ray Products”
Leave A Comment:
- Tencent Breaks Off Online Literature Service Into Independent Business Unit
- TCL Acquires Sanyo's TV Plant In Mexico For HKD120 Million
- China's Shanda To Sell 41% Of Ku6 Stake
- JD.com Signs Chinese Retail Store Deals For O2O Development
- Xiaomi Builds Upon "Close" Tech Relationship With Kingsoft In China