CNET China Acquires 55bbs.comJune 18, 2008 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
Vertical technology media group CNET China has acquired Beijing-based lifestyle website 55bbs.com to strengthen CNET's Chinese lifestyle business.
Established in May 2004, 55bbs.com is a lifestyle website that covers shopping, food, women's topics, weddings and travel. As one of the more popular community websites in Beijing, it has more than 800,000 registered members, most of whom are between 20-40 years old.
Local media quotes Han Hua, president of 55bbs.com, as saying it is good for combining 55bbs.com with CNET as this can help both sides increase their respective advantages.
Since August 2007. when it included the female website Onlylady.com under its wing, CNET has been concerned with lifestyle tics in China. It intends to become a vertical flagship media brand in the field of lifestyle content in China.
Leave A Comment:
- ZTE Responds To Huawei's European Patent Lawsuit
- Taiwanese Display Maker Sues Nokia For Touch Screen Patent Infringement
- Copyright Problems: Xunlei's Gougou.com Terminates Chinese Search Service
- Chinese Government Steps In To Regulate Internet Retail Services
- Chinese Online Literature Search Service Opened By Cloudary, Qihoo 360