China Mobile Plans To Build Research Center In Silicon ValleyOctober 10, 2008 | Print | Comments | Category: Telecom & Wireless
According to Huang Xiaoqing, president of China Mobile's Institute of Research, the company plans to establish a research and development center in Silicon Valley in the United States in 2009.
This will be the first time for China's telecom industry to release an overseas research and development plan since the recent restructuring and it is also China Mobile's first overseas research and development action. Huang says that for a long time, the major revenue of China Mobile has been contributed by its voice services, but now it needs some innovations and Silicon Valley has the best environment.
In the past, mobile and the Internet services were operated on two independent platforms. However, the merger of the two has pushed the need to have a unified mobile platform.
At present, China Mobile is actively contacting other operators to establish a jointly-managed mobile platform like Google's Android mobile phone operating system.
Leave A Comment:
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014
- Chinese Internet Shoppers Gain More Payment Options For Overseas Buys
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur