Samsung Wins Big In China Telecom's First 3G Mobile Phone TenderFebruary 17, 2009 | Print | Comments | Category: Telecom & Wireless
China Telecom has signed contracts with seven mobile phone makers to purchase 3G CDMA2000 EVDO mobile phones from these companies, and Samsung has come out on top.
China Telecom's Vice President Yang Xiaowei and its two vice general managers for the terminal management center, Mao Daojie and Ma Wu, attended the signing ceremony for the winning bids. Samsung is the largest winner in this tender, and its four mobile phone products account for 35% of the total 1.2 million mobile phones purchased in this round.
The seven mobile phone makers are Samsung, LG, ZTE, Huawei, Coolpad, Tianyu and Hisense. These companies will provide the total 1.2 million mobile phones to China Telecom.
According to previous media reports, a total number of 39 types of mobile phones made by 16 manufacturers participated in this 3G mobile phone terminal tender of China Telecom. Of these mobile phones, eight types are CDMA2000 EVDO RAV0 mobile phones and 31 are CDMA2000 EVDO RAV A mobile phones. The final result shows that 14 types of mobile phone products of the seven mentioned companies have been selected by China Telecom.
Leave A Comment:
- Qihoo 360 Invests CNY200 Million For Internet Smart Router JV
- Beijing Subway Vulnerability Can Disrupt Normal Transportation Operation
- Elong.com's Chinese Travel Website Goes Down
- Travelers Beware: Hacker Exposes Chinese Airline Security Hole
- China UnionPay Rumored To Soon Launch Mobile Payment Service For Android Smartphones