Samsung Wins Big In China Telecom's First 3G Mobile Phone TenderFebruary 17, 2009 | Print | Comments | Category: Telecom & Wireless
China Telecom has signed contracts with seven mobile phone makers to purchase 3G CDMA2000 EVDO mobile phones from these companies, and Samsung has come out on top.
China Telecom's Vice President Yang Xiaowei and its two vice general managers for the terminal management center, Mao Daojie and Ma Wu, attended the signing ceremony for the winning bids. Samsung is the largest winner in this tender, and its four mobile phone products account for 35% of the total 1.2 million mobile phones purchased in this round.
The seven mobile phone makers are Samsung, LG, ZTE, Huawei, Coolpad, Tianyu and Hisense. These companies will provide the total 1.2 million mobile phones to China Telecom.
According to previous media reports, a total number of 39 types of mobile phones made by 16 manufacturers participated in this 3G mobile phone terminal tender of China Telecom. Of these mobile phones, eight types are CDMA2000 EVDO RAV0 mobile phones and 31 are CDMA2000 EVDO RAV A mobile phones. The final result shows that 14 types of mobile phone products of the seven mentioned companies have been selected by China Telecom.
Leave A Comment:
- What Chilling Effect Would Alibaba's Investment Have On Free Media?
- Apple Malware Infestation In China Shows Companies' Weaknesses
- How Many Ways Can Airbnb Fail (Or Succeed) In China?
- China's Great Cannon Raises Questions For China's Top Search Engine
- What Twitter Can And Can't Do In Hong Kong As It Views China