Chinese Internet Security Firm Primed For ExpansionMarch 19, 2009 | Print | Comments | Category: Security, Software
Beijing-based Anchiva is integrating Commtouch GlobalView URL filtering into its Secure Web Gateway product.
Anchiva's Secure Web Gateway features anti-malware technology, URL filtering, Internet application control, bandwidth management and Web server content protection for companies of all sizes, from small businesses through large enterprises and service providers. Currently focused on the Chinese market, Anchiva plans to soon expand to Australia, Europe and the United States.
Due to huge growth in use of social networking and outbreaks of Web-based malware, Internet security is expected to be a central focus of security efforts in 2009. According to a recent Commtouch quarterly Internet Threat Trend report, streaming media and downloads are two of the most popular categories within user generated content sites. They are both also among the top ten website categories infected with malware or manipulated by phishing.
"While examining multiple competing URL filtering solutions, including other market leaders, we were immediately impressed with the flexibility and coverage offered by Commtouch data cloud technology," said Li Song, Anchiva's CEO.
Leave A Comment:
- ZTE Responds To Huawei's European Patent Lawsuit
- Taiwanese Display Maker Sues Nokia For Touch Screen Patent Infringement
- Copyright Problems: Xunlei's Gougou.com Terminates Chinese Search Service
- Chinese Government Steps In To Regulate Internet Retail Services
- Chinese Online Literature Search Service Opened By Cloudary, Qihoo 360