New Taiwanese Mobile Phone Brand Available In Mainland ChinaDecember 24, 2009 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics, Telecom & Wireless
Taiwanese mobile phone brand Altek has announced its entry into the Chinese electronics retail chain Gome, making it the second major Taiwanese mobile phone brand available in mainland China market following Dopod.
Focusing on the brand concept of "professional image", Altek will first launch its two independently developed T8680/A806 products, which have three optical zooms, 12.2 million pixels, and the market prices of about CNY3,000. These products will be available in Gome's 500 retail stores around China.
Alex Hsia, president and CEO of Altek, said that at present, nearly all smartphones have the camera function. Though the images effects of mobile phones are comparatively weak, mobile phones and cameras do have an overlapped function.
According to Gome, the company has already started to sell the Altek products in some of its stores and the distribution in other stores can be completed by the Spring Festival in February 2010. With the direct-supply model, the two parties will mainly promote the sales of Altek mobile phones in Gome's more than 200 flagship stores.
Leave A Comment:
- Travelers Beware: Hacker Exposes Chinese Airline Security Hole
- China UnionPay Rumored To Soon Launch Mobile Payment Service For Android Smartphones
- China's Alipay Will Provide Internet Payment Services To Gilt
- BTCChina Forges Bitcoin Deal With Chinese E-commerce Sites
- Xiaomi Moves Overseas Mobile Phone Data Away From Chinese Servers