First Major IPTV Online Store Launches In ChinaDecember 21, 2010 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
TVMall, China's first online store based on the IPTV platform, has been launched.
Jointly developed by Commerce Information Technology and BesTV, TVMall is an interactive exhibition media platform and shopping platform. With about 40 brands and enterprises, including Bailian, Carrefour, Cofco, Gree, and Samsung, it now covers about five million people in 1.3 million families in Shanghai. In addition, TVMall is negotiating with another 100 brands and enterprises for their settlement on the platform.
Under a strategic cooperation agreement signed by Commerce Information Technology and BesTV, Commerce Information Technology is the exclusive operator and technical supporter of TVMall. A representative from Commerce Information Technology said that the IPTV-based TVMall will allow TV users to realize Internet shopping via televisions.
Commented on the cooperation, BesTV said that if TVMall runs successfully, it will work with Commerce Information Technology to copy this model on Internet TV and mobile TV channels to achieve a full coverage.
Prior to this, BesTV raised a strategy named "one cloud, multi-screen", which aims to use the three screens of television, computer, and mobile phone to meet the demands of users, regardless of the differences of time and space.
Leave A Comment:
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014
- Chinese Internet Shoppers Gain More Payment Options For Overseas Buys
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur