Acer Appoints New PresidentApril 25, 2011 | Print | Comments | Category: Business, Computing, Telecom & Wireless
Taiwan-based PC maker Acer has appointed Jim Wong, former president for Acer's IT products group, as its new corporate president.
Born in 1958, Wong holds a bachelor degree, majoring in mathematics from Soochow University in Taiwan, and an MBA from Emory University, Georgia, USA. Joining Acer in 1986, Wong has experience in sales, product marketing, and product development.
Meanwhile, J.T. Wang, chairman of Acer, will continue to take the acting role of CEO.
Wong previously said in a statement that the mobile device market has infinite opportunities and it will become a new business and the future growth engine for Acer. In the future, the company will focus on the development of data consumer products, tablet computers, and smartphones.
On March 31, 2011, Gianfranco Lanci, former CEO and president of Acer, resigned due to disputes with a majority of the board members on the company's future development.
Leave A Comment:
- ZTE Responds To Huawei's European Patent Lawsuit
- Taiwanese Display Maker Sues Nokia For Touch Screen Patent Infringement
- Copyright Problems: Xunlei's Gougou.com Terminates Chinese Search Service
- Chinese Government Steps In To Regulate Internet Retail Services
- Chinese Online Literature Search Service Opened By Cloudary, Qihoo 360