China Mobile To Invest CNY10 Billion For Wi-Fi In 2011May 24, 2011 | Print | Comments | Category: Business, Telecom & Wireless
Wang Jianzhou, chairman of China Mobile, revealed that the company will continue to develop the Chinese Wi-Fi market and plans to invest CNY10 billion in this sector in 2011.
While attending a general meeting held in Hong Kong, Wang said that China Mobile is actively developing its Wi-Fi business and about 30% of its overall data traffic was from the Wi-Fi business in the first quarter of 2011, realizing complementary development with its TD-SCDMA 3G business. During the first quarter of this year, China Mobile's revenue from the mobile data sector grew remarkably and its download traffic reached 150 million times previous periods.
So far, China Mobile's 3G data traffic has increased by 85 times. According to the plan of the company, it will build one million Wi-Fi hot spots in three years.
Wang also revealed that there are currently over four million iPhone users using China Mobile's services in China.
Leave A Comment:
- TCL Acquires Sanyo's TV Plant In Mexico For HKD120 Million
- China's Shanda To Sell 41% Of Ku6 Stake
- JD.com Signs Chinese Retail Store Deals For O2O Development
- Xiaomi Builds Upon "Close" Tech Relationship With Kingsoft In China
- JD.com, Coolpad Sign CNY10 Billion Contract For Made-in-China Smartphones