Dangdang.com's Evening Deliveries Get Web Goodies In Consumers' Hands In Eight Chinese CitiesMay 18, 2012 | Print | Comments | Category: Business, Internet
Chinese B2C e-commerce website Dangdang.com announced a new evening delivery service in eight cities in China, extending the company's delivery time to 22:00.
According to Dangdang.com, the new service is currently available in Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Shenyang, Wuxi, Jinan, and Zhengzhou. In these cities, consumers will have a new option for delivery period, which is between 18:00 and 22:00.
A representative in charge of Dangdang.com's distribution said that night delivery is a part of the customized services of Dangdang.com. Evenings are the prime time for consumption and night delivery allows consumers to receive packages at home.
At the beginning of 2012, Dangdang.com launched the same-day delivery standard in most cities in South China and East China, stating that if customers submitted their orders before 10:00, they would be able to receive the goods on the same day. Statistics provided by Dangdang.com showed that so far, its same-day delivery service has covered 16 Chinese cities; its next-day delivery service has covered 142 Chinese cities; and its cash on delivery via mobile POS has reached 278 cities across the country.
Leave A Comment:
- ZTE Responds To Huawei's European Patent Lawsuit
- Taiwanese Display Maker Sues Nokia For Touch Screen Patent Infringement
- Copyright Problems: Xunlei's Gougou.com Terminates Chinese Search Service
- Chinese Government Steps In To Regulate Internet Retail Services
- Chinese Online Literature Search Service Opened By Cloudary, Qihoo 360