D.phone, China Mobile Sign New Strategic Retail AgreementOctober 8, 2012 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics, Telecom & Wireless
Chinese mobile phone retail chain D.phone and China Mobile signed a new strategic cooperation agreement, which aims to jointly promote China Mobile's 3G network, customer development, new business marketing, branding, and sales of mobile phones and TD-based devices.
With this agreement, China Mobile's TD-SCDMA devices will depend more on D.phone's retail channel advantages. By entering D.phone's nationwide retail sites, China Mobile's products are expected to see a large sales increase.
As one of the largest mobile phone retail chains in China, D.phone is currently the major retail partner of China Mobile. Since China Mobile's TD-SCDMA network was officially put into commercial use in 2008, D.phone has sold 4.27 million TD-SCDMA devices. Meanwhile, its relationship with China Mobile has evolved from the simple sale of TD-SCDMA mobile phones into a more robust partnership.
Liu Donghai, founder of D.phone, said that the bridge between China Mobile and its customers is services like mobile fees or packages; while the bridge between D.phone and its customers is mobile phone sales. Therefore, China Mobile is an expert in service and D.phone is the expert in mobile phone sales. With 19 years of development, D.phone accumulated rich experience in sales services, which are the core competitiveness of D.phone.
Liu said with the partnership between D.phone and China Mobile, they will realize sharing of customer resources, integration of businesses, and a combination of retail outlets and business halls. More importantly, the two parties share the same concepts and goals.
Over the past decade, the Chinese communications industry saw rapid development and D.phone grew with the industry during the decade. At present, the mobile phone retailer has over 6,000 employees working in 1,000 outlets across China.
Leave A Comment:
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur
- Tencent Cloud Opens Outside Mainland China While Foreign Tech Still Blocked Inside Country