Kingsoft Boasts Over 50 Million Monthly Active WPS UsersDecember 13, 2012 | Print | Comments | Category: Computing, Software
Chinese software provider Kingsoft revealed that its office software product WPS has gained over 50 million monthly active users.
According to the company's latest release, the statistics cover all active users of its WPS personal edition, professional edition, mobile edition and overseas edition. In addition, Kingsoft recently released its financial report for the third quarter of 2012, stating that the number of monthly active users of its WPS personal edition was over 40 million in September 2012; and the number of active users of its WPS mobile edition had reached seven million since its launch in May 2011. Kingsoft's WPS business has achieved the strategic distribution in the mobile Internet market.
The report also showed that Kingsoft's operating revenue in the third quarter was CNY365 million, a year-on-year increase of 51%; while its net profit was CNY119 million, a year-on-year increase of 42%. Of the total, operating revenue from application software was CNY152 million, increasing by 96% year-on-year and accounting for 42% of the total operating revenue of the company.
This is the first time that revenue of Kingsoft's application software accounted for over 40% of its total, representing a new performance growth point of the company.
In December 2012, Kingsoft specially announced statistics about the growth of the user base of the mobile edition and said the number of WPS mobile edition users had reached 30 million. The company also said that by the end of the third quarter of 2012, WPS mobile edition achieved a compound growth rate of over 176% in four consecutive quarters. This product gained 195,000 new users on a daily basis.
Leave A Comment:
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014
- Chinese Internet Shoppers Gain More Payment Options For Overseas Buys
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur