China Mobile, NTT DoCoMo, Korea Telecom Launch Global NFC Roaming ServiceMarch 5, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics, Internet, Telecom & Wireless
China Mobile, Japan's NTT DoCoMo, and South Korea's Korea Telecom announced that the three parties have reached an agreement for a series of mobile phone services, aiming to realize cross-border payment services with the near-field communication function on mobile phones.
Under the agreement, users are able to use cross-border payments, ticket purchases, discount coupon collections and exchange services.
The standards applied by these three telecom operators are based on the international standards formulated by the Global System for Mobile Communications and NFC Forum.
Since January 2011, enterprises in the industry have been exploring NFC roaming service opportunities. In October 2012, NTT DoCoMo and Korea Telecom announced plans to launch international payment services. To further promote the development of NFC, the three telecom operators will share their achievements with industry associations and standard organizations around the world, aiming to contribute to the establishment of a global NFC compatible service business environment.
Leave A Comment:
- CNNIC Report: 27.9% Of Chinese Netizens Live In Rural Areas
- How Does Alibaba's Data Pact Impact Chinese Retention Laws?
- Chinese Government Statistics Show Internet Retail's Fast Growth
- Vietnamese Government Cancels Foxconn's Mobile Phone Plans
- Jack Ma Selected Co-chairman Of Global Internet Governance Alliance Council