China Mobile, NTT DoCoMo, Korea Telecom Launch Global NFC Roaming ServiceMarch 5, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics, Internet, Telecom & Wireless
China Mobile, Japan's NTT DoCoMo, and South Korea's Korea Telecom announced that the three parties have reached an agreement for a series of mobile phone services, aiming to realize cross-border payment services with the near-field communication function on mobile phones.
Under the agreement, users are able to use cross-border payments, ticket purchases, discount coupon collections and exchange services.
The standards applied by these three telecom operators are based on the international standards formulated by the Global System for Mobile Communications and NFC Forum.
Since January 2011, enterprises in the industry have been exploring NFC roaming service opportunities. In October 2012, NTT DoCoMo and Korea Telecom announced plans to launch international payment services. To further promote the development of NFC, the three telecom operators will share their achievements with industry associations and standard organizations around the world, aiming to contribute to the establishment of a global NFC compatible service business environment.
Leave A Comment:
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur
- Tencent Cloud Opens Outside Mainland China While Foreign Tech Still Blocked Inside Country