NCR Signs Chinese Bank Agreement For Tech ServicesApril 19, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Business
NCR Corporation has been awarded a five-year technology service agreement from People's Bank of China Shanghai Automatic Clearing Centre to provide on-site technical support and maintenance services for its intra-city clearing systems.
"We continue to rely on NCR for its services support, because NCR possesses strong expertise for building and maintaining cheque clearing systems. We are confident that NCR will ensure the availability of our cheque clearing in making our lives and the lives of our customers easier," said Wu Keyi, director of the Shanghai Automatic Clearing Centre.
The Shanghai Automatic Clearing Centre is one of the largest intra-city cheque clearing centers in China. It is installed with five units of NCR E1700 imaging transports for intra-city cheque clearing; another two units of NCR iTRAN ImageTrac III color imaging transports are used for cheque inward service for commercial banks and multi-size voucher processing.
Both systems were installed and tested and have been maintained by NCR since 2005 and 2007, respectively. By entering the new service agreement, NCR will provide professional technical on-site support during the daily clearing hours as well as a 24-hour hardware replacement should there be a hardware issue.
Currently, NCR's customers for its payment solutions include PBOC's headquarters business division, its Shanghai headquarters and more than ten of its regional branches; commercial banks, which include Bank of China, Agricultural Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, China Construction Bank, Bank of Communications; and additional banks in Shanghai, Nanjing and Central China.
Leave A Comment:
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014
- Chinese Internet Shoppers Gain More Payment Options For Overseas Buys
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur