Nuance May Join Hands With Kaixin001.com In ChinaMay 27, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet, Software
International voice service giant Nuance, which supports Apple's Siri speech recognition technology, is reportedly seeking a content cooperation partner in China to expand the speech recognition market.
Nuance, partner of Intel, Panasonic, and HTC, will choose a social networking partner this time to expand the application range of speech recognition, according to sources quoted in local Chinese media. After contacting several Chinese social networking companies, including Sina Weibo, their target was initially locked on Kaixin001.com. The two companies have reportedly reached a framework cooperating agreement, under which Kaixin001.com will open its API to Nuance.
In addition, the insider revealed that Nuance and Kaixin001.com will implement an in-depth discussion about a future strategic product; however, no further information was disclosed.
So far, neither of the two parties gave any comment on the news.
As a leading global speech recognition software provider, Nuance's businesses cover automobile, mobile phone, and the Internet sectors. Apart from Intel, Panasonic, and HTC, Apple's Siri also partially depends on the technology of Nuance. Prior to this, Nuance's partners in China included BYD and ZTE.
Leave A Comment:
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014
- Chinese Internet Shoppers Gain More Payment Options For Overseas Buys
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur