China Mobile Will Unveil Many More TD-LTE Mobile Phones This YearJuly 2, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics, Telecom & Wireless
Xi Guohua, chairman of China Mobile, revealed that the TD-LTE industry has matured and 11 new TD-LTE mobile phones are expected to be launched in 2013 by his company.
During the CommunicAsia 2013 conference held in Shanghai, Xi said this maturation is an encouraging situation. At present, there are over 160 TD-LTE devices launched across the world, including several smartphones. The worldwide shipment of TD-LTE devices are placed at over three million units.
During the GTI Summit held in Barcelona in February 2013, China Mobile and its industry chain partners announced four TD-LTE multi-mode multi-band smartphones. Xi said, in the second half of 2013, they plan to launch 11 TD-LTE smartphones in China.
Xi said many of his friends and himself are trying the TD-LTE smartphones and several dual standby smartphones have very satisfactory performances. The highly-integrated 28-nanometer TD-LTE smartphone is now available in the market, which represents a new development stage within the TD-LTE industry.
Xi believed that with more global chip manufacturers' participation, the TD-LTE multi-mode multi-band smartphone technology will be more mature. Over the years 2013 and 2014, TD-LTE devices will have a diversified development period.
In addition, Xi said the convergence of TDD and FDD has become an important development direction in the global mobile communications sector. In this area, TD-LTE and FDD have realized full convergence for standard industrial products and networks.
Leave A Comment:
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014
- Chinese Internet Shoppers Gain More Payment Options For Overseas Buys
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur