Iqiyi.com Packages New Cloud-based Online Communities ServiceAugust 15, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
Chinese Internet video website Iqiyi.com has started providing user generated content support to many interactive communities, including Baidu Tieba.
With the new service, users will be able to share their local videos while visiting these communities. Iqiyi.com will help users complete a series of operations, including transcoding, generation, and sharing, on a cloud platform, and users do not even need to register or login to Iqiyi.com. For those who have Iqiyi IDs, they will gain a personal video page in the UGC community of Iqiyi.com, which can conveniently track their video sharing history.
Gong Yu, founder and chief executive officer of Iqiyi.com, told local media that in the last eight years, the user generated content provided by video websites could only be called pseudo UGC or pre-UGC. Though the contents were varied, only a few of them were uploaded by users and actually created by users.
However, with the maturation of mobile phone shooting and sharing devices like smartphones, the real UGC phase will enter an explosive development period. Iqiyi.com aims to meet the video sharing demands of users by technology and product innovation.
Leave A Comment:
- Xbox One Starts China Sales Via JD.com's Social Media Channels
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- Chinese Internet Shoppers Gain More Payment Options For Overseas Buys
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur