JD.com Terminates Cooperation With Alipay, Sina WeiboSeptember 2, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Business, Internet, Uncategorized
The fight to control China's online payment channels just got much dirtier.
After blocking Tenpay and WeChat, two products of Tencent, JD.com announced it will end its cooperation with Sina Weibo and Alipay.
JD.com said in its announcement that the company's cooperation with Alibaba's payment subsidiary Alipay will soon expire and users will not be able to login or pay for orders on JD.com with Alipay accounts in the future. The company said they are sorry for the inconvenience and advise the registration of new accounts on JD.com.
Meanwhile, JD.com provides a channel to users who formerly used Alipay accounts on the website. Following the steps of this channel, users will gain new JD accounts which are the same as their Alipay accounts, and the related account information like balances and points will be retained.
In addition, JD.com's cooperation with Sina Weibo will end as well. When logging in at JD.com with Sina Weibo accounts, users will see a similar announcement stating that the company's cooperation with Sina Weibo will soon expire and users will not be able to login with Sina Weibo accounts in the future. At present, those who use Sina Weibo accounts on JD.com need to reset their passwords before logging in this e-commerce website.
Leave A Comment:
- What Chilling Effect Would Alibaba's Investment Have On Free Media?
- Apple Malware Infestation In China Shows Companies' Weaknesses
- How Many Ways Can Airbnb Fail (Or Succeed) In China?
- China's Great Cannon Raises Questions For China's Top Search Engine
- What Twitter Can And Can't Do In Hong Kong As It Views China
- Cheetah Mobile Appoints Tencent's Li Zhaohui As Director
- Lenovo Reports First Quarterly Losses Over Past Six Years
- NetEase Invests USD25 Million In Finnish Gaming Start-up
- Chinese E-Commerce Eyes Stability During Year's Biggest Shopping Day
- China's ZTE Net Profit Up 42% In First Three Quarters Of 2015