TCL Communication, ASTRI Form Long-term Strategic CooperationOctober 29, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
TCL Communication and Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute have formally become long-term strategic cooperating partners aiming at the application development of sustainable wireless technologies and products.
Under the cooperating agreement, ASTRI's communication-related researching results will be applied to Alcatel Onetouch and TCL's existing and future 4G products. In addition, the cooperation will cover 5G development and related wireless products, including delivering the higher data rates and ad-hoc networking needed to create a holistic intelligent user experience.
Research projects will focus on enabling Alcatel Onetouch and TCL's smart devices to deliver superior technology performance over competitor products and bringing new value and services to consumers.
ASTRI was founded by the government of Hong Kong SAR in 2000. It is committed to enhancing Hong Kong's competitiveness in local technology-based industries through applied research. With a research and development team of over 500 talents, it is currently the largest technology R&D center in Hong Kong.
Image Credit: Oleksiy Mark
Leave A Comment:
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur
- Tencent Cloud Opens Outside Mainland China While Foreign Tech Still Blocked Inside Country