Lenovo To Invest USD100 Million For Brazilian R&D CenterNovember 26, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Business, Computing, Software
Chinese PC maker Lenovo has announced plans to invest USD100 million to build a new research and development center in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
This move marks Lenovo's further expansion into the international market.
The new R&D center will be Lenovo's first offshore software development center to focus on the enterprise product group. Its major R&D projects include enterprise software, high-end servers, storage and cloud technology. This R&D center will reportedly create about 100 jobs in Brazil.
In addition, Lenovo's new R&D center in Brazil will provide support to LenovoEMC, the group's joint venture with EMC Group. LenovoEMC mainly offers technologies and products related to storage.
Image Credit: suns07butterfly
Leave A Comment:
- CNNIC Report: 27.9% Of Chinese Netizens Live In Rural Areas
- How Does Alibaba's Data Pact Impact Chinese Retention Laws?
- Chinese Government Statistics Show Internet Retail's Fast Growth
- Vietnamese Government Cancels Foxconn's Mobile Phone Plans
- Jack Ma Selected Co-chairman Of Global Internet Governance Alliance Council