Apple Officially Signs 4G China Mobile iPhone DealDecember 5, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics, Telecom & Wireless
After months of rumors and false starts, Apple has reportedly finally signed a deal with China's largest telecommunications carrier to provide 4G iPhones to Chinese consumers.
News from both local and foreign media over the past few hours do not provide financial terms of the deal, but Apple's consummation of this deal puts it in the headlights of over 700 million of China Mobile's subscribers.
China Mobile this week was granted a TD-LTE 4G license from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, so the roll-out of the iPhones may happen in a few weeks when China Mobile finally starts providing 4G services.
Leave A Comment:
- Goodbye Moto! Google Flips Failed Motorola Mobility Unit To China's Lenovo
- Chinese Websites Fail On DNS Outage Suspected From US Location
- Former Head Of Google Greater China Joins Qihoo 360
- China's Taobao.com Bans Sales Of Bitcoin-related Products
- Kingsoft Bestows Perpetual Office Software License On Tencent