China's Huawei Gains IT Outsourcing Contract From Etisalat In NigeriaJanuary 17, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics, Law & Policy, Telecom & Wireless
Etisalat, the comprehensive telecom carrier in United Arab Emirates, has formed a strategic partnership with the Chinese telecom device maker Huawei for information technology services.
The cooperation aims to improve Etisalat's network and provide quality services to its users.
Under the contract signed by the two parties, Huawei will be responsible for Etisalat's information technology services in Nigeria, covering technical infrastructure, application management, and user support services. At the same time, Etisalat's Nigerian branch will be in charge of business planning, structure and management.
Matthew Willsher, chief executive officer of Etisalat Nigeria, said that in Etisalat, they always provide innovative and quality telecom services to users. The outsourcing of IT services to Huawei is a fulfillment of their promise to offer outstanding telecom experience to users.
He also said no employee layoff will be caused by the deal. Their overall goal is to improve staff efficiency and improve employee training and development. At present, about 75% IT employees will be transferred to Huawei and their salary and welfare will not be compromised.
Image Credit: chrupka
Leave A Comment:
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014
- Chinese Internet Shoppers Gain More Payment Options For Overseas Buys
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur