Tencent, Business Insider Ink Internet Content Deal For ChinaFebruary 23, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Business, Internet
Chinese Internet company Tencent and American business technology website Business Insider reportedly signed a cooperation agreement, under which Tencent will become the exclusive content partner for Business Insider in Greater China.
With the cooperation, Business Insider's contents will be recommended to Chinese readers who pay attention to the global financial technology news via Tencent's media platform.
It is unclear from the deal mentioned in local Chinese media reports if the English-language news will be translated into Simplified Chinese for Tencent's users, or if Chinese-language users will be redirected to English-language news that most readers will be unable to comprehend. By doing this deal, Business Insider hopes to take away readers from other top Chinese finance websites like Caixin, China Money Network, and China Business Network.
Financial terms of the deal were not revealed.
Leave A Comment:
- Goodbye Moto! Google Flips Failed Motorola Mobility Unit To China's Lenovo
- Chinese Websites Fail On DNS Outage Suspected From US Location
- Former Head Of Google Greater China Joins Qihoo 360
- China's Taobao.com Bans Sales Of Bitcoin-related Products
- Kingsoft Bestows Perpetual Office Software License On Tencent