Tencent, Business Insider Ink Internet Content Deal For ChinaFebruary 23, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Business, Internet
Chinese Internet company Tencent and American business technology website Business Insider reportedly signed a cooperation agreement, under which Tencent will become the exclusive content partner for Business Insider in Greater China.
With the cooperation, Business Insider's contents will be recommended to Chinese readers who pay attention to the global financial technology news via Tencent's media platform.
It is unclear from the deal mentioned in local Chinese media reports if the English-language news will be translated into Simplified Chinese for Tencent's users, or if Chinese-language users will be redirected to English-language news that most readers will be unable to comprehend. By doing this deal, Business Insider hopes to take away readers from other top Chinese finance websites like Caixin, China Money Network, and China Business Network.
Financial terms of the deal were not revealed.
Leave A Comment:
- Yandex Teams With Chinese E-commerce For Cross-Border Payments
- Hc360.com To Acquire Zol.com.cn For CNY1.5 Billion
- Linekong Invests CNY23 Million In Chinese E-ticket Provider
- China's Cheetah Mobile Acquires MobPartner For USD58 Million
- China's Tuniu.com Acquires Two Travel Agencies For Taiwanese Market Expansion