Baidu Integrates Mobile Game BusinessesMarch 27, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Software, Telecom & Wireless
Zhang Dongchen, vice president of Baidu, announced at the 9th Global Mobile Game and Channels Conference that Baidu will integrate its Duokoo mobile game business with its 91 Wireless game business to formally establish a Baidu-branded mobile game division.
Zhang said that following the integration, Baidu will assign staff to take charge of mobile game products and will invest an unreported sum to support the game business.
Rumors of this integration have been circulating for weeks. Li Mingyuan, vice president of Baidu, previously revealed via internal emails reported by Chinese media that the 91 Wireless distribution team will combine with the Baidu mobile assistant team and a new Baidu mobile application distribution team will be established. At the same time, 91 Wireless' game operating business would combine with Duokoo to form a new Baidu mobile game operating team, which is attached to Baidu consumer business group.
Leave A Comment:
- CNNIC Report: 27.9% Of Chinese Netizens Live In Rural Areas
- How Does Alibaba's Data Pact Impact Chinese Retention Laws?
- Chinese Government Statistics Show Internet Retail's Fast Growth
- Vietnamese Government Cancels Foxconn's Mobile Phone Plans
- Jack Ma Selected Co-chairman Of Global Internet Governance Alliance Council