Alibaba Preps For IPO With Executive Appointment In USAMay 20, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
Chinese e-commerce group Alibaba has appointed Jim Wilkinson as senior vice president, leading Alibaba's international corporate affairs unit.
Wilkinson will directly report to Cai Chongxin, executive deputy chairman of the board of directors of Alibaba Group.
Locating in San Francisco, Wilkinson will be responsible for setting up and leading Alibaba's international corporate affairs unit. Wilkinson has extensive public and corporate relations experiences in international, consumer and financial markets; and reportedly has rich experiences in government and regulatory affair sectors in major markets across the world.
Prior to joining Alibaba, Wilkinson worked for PepsiCo as executive vice president for global corporate communications. Before that, he was a managing director of Brunswick Group, providing consulting advices in international affairs, and corporate and financial communications for multinational companies.
Commenting on the appointment, Cai said that for international corporate affairs, Wilkinson is an experienced team builder and leader. He is honest, passionate, and dedicated to his job, which are qualities in line with the values of Alibaba.
Meanwhile, Alibaba Group also announced the appointment of Chen Jiabao as vice president of corporate affairs and he will be located in Hong Kong. In the new position, Chen will lead Alibaba Group's public relations in Hong Kong as well as other overseas Chinese market. Chen will report to Wang Shuai, chief marketing officer of Alibaba Group.
Alibaba's initial public offering is planned for the near future.
Leave A Comment:
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur
- Tencent Cloud Opens Outside Mainland China While Foreign Tech Still Blocked Inside Country