JD.com Preps For IPO With Net Operating Revenue Up 65%May 22, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Business, Internet
Chinese B2C e-commerce website JD.com revealed in its prospectus that the company reached net operating revenue of CNY22.657 billion in the first quarter of 2014, marking an increase of 65.1% over the same period of last year.
According to the prospectus files, JD.com's own business sales contributed CNY21.781 billion to its net operating revenue, a year-on-year increase of 63.5%; and its services and other businesses contributed CNY876 million, a year-on-year increase of 117.4%.
Meanwhile, during the first quarter of 2014, the company's operating costs were CNY26.509 billion; its operating losses were CNY3.852 billion; and the company saw net losses of CNY3.795 billion.
In addition, JD.com's free cash flow was CNY275 million during the reporting period; and its capital expense was CNY633 million, including CNY191 for office building purchase and CNY106 million for land use right purchase.
JD.com claimed that the company currently has 33.4 million active users; its number of orders reached 129.3 million; and its gross merchandise volume is CNY44.1 billion. The company also holds CNY13.338 billion in cash and cash equivalents.
Leave A Comment:
- What Chilling Effect Would Alibaba's Investment Have On Free Media?
- Apple Malware Infestation In China Shows Companies' Weaknesses
- How Many Ways Can Airbnb Fail (Or Succeed) In China?
- China's Great Cannon Raises Questions For China's Top Search Engine
- What Twitter Can And Can't Do In Hong Kong As It Views China
- Cheetah Mobile Appoints Tencent's Li Zhaohui As Director
- Lenovo Reports First Quarterly Losses Over Past Six Years
- NetEase Invests USD25 Million In Finnish Gaming Start-up
- Chinese E-Commerce Eyes Stability During Year's Biggest Shopping Day
- China's ZTE Net Profit Up 42% In First Three Quarters Of 2015