China Mobile Signs E-book Deal With China Publishing GroupJune 7, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics, Telecom & Wireless
China Mobile and China Publishing Group signed a strategic deal to enhance China Mobile's mobile reading service.
With the agreement, the two parties will work together on digital reading services, including content development, e-book business model exploration, operations, and marketing. Financial terms of the deal were not released.
For content cooperation, the two parties will work together on classic book promotions. They will also plan debuts for quality new books while enhancing the spread of high-quality mobile content, covering books, magazines, comics, and educational materials.
For business model exploration, they will adapt and customize quality content and formatted for mobile phones. The two parties will also team to develop mobile apps related to the industry.
For joint operation and marketing, the two companies plan to launch online and offline brand activities and to explore new O2O models that feature binding sales of physical books and e-books.
Image Credit: Paul Stringer
Leave A Comment:
- What Chilling Effect Would Alibaba's Investment Have On Free Media?
- Apple Malware Infestation In China Shows Companies' Weaknesses
- How Many Ways Can Airbnb Fail (Or Succeed) In China?
- China's Great Cannon Raises Questions For China's Top Search Engine
- What Twitter Can And Can't Do In Hong Kong As It Views China
- Cheetah Mobile Appoints Tencent's Li Zhaohui As Director
- Lenovo Reports First Quarterly Losses Over Past Six Years
- NetEase Invests USD25 Million In Finnish Gaming Start-up
- Chinese E-Commerce Eyes Stability During Year's Biggest Shopping Day
- China's ZTE Net Profit Up 42% In First Three Quarters Of 2015