HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014July 10, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics, Telecom & Wireless
Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC recently published its financial report for the second quarter ended June 30, 2014, stating that the company achieved operating revenue of NTD65.06 billion; its pre-taxes net profit was NTD2.76 billion; operating profit was NTD2.43 billion; post-taxes net profit was NTD2.26 billion; and its net profit per share was NTD2.74.
HTC's performance in the second quarter met its expectations. Prior to this, the company predicted that its operating revenue would be between NTD65 billion and NTD70 billion; its gross margin would be between 21.3% and 22%; and its earnings per share would be between NTD2.21 and NTD3.
For June alone, HTC's operating revenue was NTD21.916 billion, a year-on-year decrease of 0.72% and an increase of about 4% over the previous month. From January to June 2014, the company's total operating revenue was NTD98.181 billion, representing a year-on-year decrease of 13.46%.
In addition, HTC announced that the company's wholly-owned subsidiary HTC Investment One reduced capital and returned USD67 million cash to the parent company. With this move, HTC Investment One eliminated 67 million shares, which was about 16.72% of its total shares; and its equity reduced to USD333 million after the capital reduction.
Leave A Comment:
- Nokia's Beijing Factory May Cut 3,000 Employees
- Midea Predicts Profit Up 50% As Alibaba Cloud Strategy Takes Hold
- Suning Launches Crowdsourcing Services For Chinese Hardware Startups
- Letv.com Establishes New Beijing Company For Mobile Phone Development
- HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014
- Hon Hai Signs Five New Big Data Projects In Guizhou
- China's Qihoo 360 Targets Silicon Valley Venture Capital
- China Post Invests CNY100 Million In Mobile Payment Services
- China's Aliyun Forms Cloud Computing Partnership With Inspur
- Tencent Cloud Opens Outside Mainland China While Foreign Tech Still Blocked Inside Country