HTC Reports Net Profit Of NTD2.76 Billion In Q2 2014July 10, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics, Telecom & Wireless
Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC recently published its financial report for the second quarter ended June 30, 2014, stating that the company achieved operating revenue of NTD65.06 billion; its pre-taxes net profit was NTD2.76 billion; operating profit was NTD2.43 billion; post-taxes net profit was NTD2.26 billion; and its net profit per share was NTD2.74.
HTC's performance in the second quarter met its expectations. Prior to this, the company predicted that its operating revenue would be between NTD65 billion and NTD70 billion; its gross margin would be between 21.3% and 22%; and its earnings per share would be between NTD2.21 and NTD3.
For June alone, HTC's operating revenue was NTD21.916 billion, a year-on-year decrease of 0.72% and an increase of about 4% over the previous month. From January to June 2014, the company's total operating revenue was NTD98.181 billion, representing a year-on-year decrease of 13.46%.
In addition, HTC announced that the company's wholly-owned subsidiary HTC Investment One reduced capital and returned USD67 million cash to the parent company. With this move, HTC Investment One eliminated 67 million shares, which was about 16.72% of its total shares; and its equity reduced to USD333 million after the capital reduction.
Leave A Comment:
- What Chilling Effect Would Alibaba's Investment Have On Free Media?
- Apple Malware Infestation In China Shows Companies' Weaknesses
- How Many Ways Can Airbnb Fail (Or Succeed) In China?
- China's Great Cannon Raises Questions For China's Top Search Engine
- What Twitter Can And Can't Do In Hong Kong As It Views China
- Cheetah Mobile Appoints Tencent's Li Zhaohui As Director
- Lenovo Reports First Quarterly Losses Over Past Six Years
- NetEase Invests USD25 Million In Finnish Gaming Start-up
- Chinese E-Commerce Eyes Stability During Year's Biggest Shopping Day
- China's ZTE Net Profit Up 42% In First Three Quarters Of 2015