Xbox One Starts China Sales Via JD.com's Social Media ChannelsJuly 28, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics, Telecom & Wireless
With a newly-minted IPO under its belt, Chinese e-commerce giant JD.com Inc. announced today that is now taking pre-orders for Microsoft's Xbox One gaming console.
As part of an agreement between the companies, JD.com will have the exclusive right to accept pre-orders for Xbox One in China from July 28-30, 2014, through JD.com's Mobile QQ and WeChat entry points.
On July 31, the JD.com website and JD.com's exhibition booth at the ChinaJoy Expo in Shanghai will also begin taking pre-orders.
The Xbox One will be the first gaming console available for purchase through authorized sales channels in China since 2000.
JD.com operates seven fulfillment centers and a total of 86 warehouses with an aggregate gross floor area of approximately 1.5 million square meters in 36 Chinese cities, and 1,620 delivery stations and 214 pickup stations in 495 cities across China, staffed by its own employees. The company provided same-day delivery in 43 cities under its 211 program and next-day delivery in another 256 cities across China as of March 31, 2014.
Image Credit: 360b
Leave A Comment:
- Travelers Beware: Hacker Exposes Chinese Airline Security Hole
- China UnionPay Rumored To Soon Launch Mobile Payment Service For Android Smartphones
- China's Alipay Will Provide Internet Payment Services To Gilt
- BTCChina Forges Bitcoin Deal With Chinese E-commerce Sites
- Xiaomi Moves Overseas Mobile Phone Data Away From Chinese Servers