Taiwan Mobile Internet Users Reached 9.87 Million In H1 2014August 27, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet, Law & Policy, Telecom & Wireless
During the first half of 2014, the number of adults using the mobile Internet in Taiwan reached 9.87 million.
The Taiwan Network Information Center published a report on the broadband network usage in Taiwan in 2014, which said that over the past three years, Taiwan's Internet growth rate maintained a rate of over 70% and it also reached 77.6% in 2014. Meanwhile, the development of mobile devices has promoted the rise of the mobile Internet.
TWNIC also said that during the past six months, the number of users above 12 years old who used Wi-Fi and mobile Internet increased from 11.07 million in the same period of last year to 12.6 million, an increase of 7.04%. The number of users above 12 who used the mobile Internet increased by over 6% year-on-year to about 9.87 million, accounting for 47.2% of total Internet users.
TWNIC revealed that in regards to the major Internet surfing methods of interviewees, 34.4% mainly use ADSL and 23.2% mainly use the mobile Internet.
Image Credit: Pavel Ignatov
Leave A Comment:
- CNNIC Report: 27.9% Of Chinese Netizens Live In Rural Areas
- How Does Alibaba's Data Pact Impact Chinese Retention Laws?
- Chinese Government Statistics Show Internet Retail's Fast Growth
- Vietnamese Government Cancels Foxconn's Mobile Phone Plans
- Jack Ma Selected Co-chairman Of Global Internet Governance Alliance Council