Taiwan Mobile Internet Users Reached 9.87 Million In H1 2014August 27, 2014 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet, Law & Policy, Telecom & Wireless
During the first half of 2014, the number of adults using the mobile Internet in Taiwan reached 9.87 million.
The Taiwan Network Information Center published a report on the broadband network usage in Taiwan in 2014, which said that over the past three years, Taiwan's Internet growth rate maintained a rate of over 70% and it also reached 77.6% in 2014. Meanwhile, the development of mobile devices has promoted the rise of the mobile Internet.
TWNIC also said that during the past six months, the number of users above 12 years old who used Wi-Fi and mobile Internet increased from 11.07 million in the same period of last year to 12.6 million, an increase of 7.04%. The number of users above 12 who used the mobile Internet increased by over 6% year-on-year to about 9.87 million, accounting for 47.2% of total Internet users.
TWNIC revealed that in regards to the major Internet surfing methods of interviewees, 34.4% mainly use ADSL and 23.2% mainly use the mobile Internet.
Image Credit: Pavel Ignatov
Leave A Comment:
- Yandex Teams With Chinese E-commerce For Cross-Border Payments
- Hc360.com To Acquire Zol.com.cn For CNY1.5 Billion
- Linekong Invests CNY23 Million In Chinese E-ticket Provider
- China's Cheetah Mobile Acquires MobPartner For USD58 Million
- China's Tuniu.com Acquires Two Travel Agencies For Taiwanese Market Expansion