Yahoo China Vice President ResignsDecember 11, 2008 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet
Shen Jianming, vice president for Alibaba Group and vice president for Yahoo (YHOO) China, told local media that she has resigned her positions and officially departed from Alibaba Group.
Shen says she left Alibaba Group for personal reasons. She says her departure is partly because Yahoo China shifted its focus to Koubei.com after it acquired the website and she was asked to work in Hangzhou to manage Koubei.com. However, she does not want to leave her family in Beijing, so she put forward her resignation a month ago.
Shen adds that she has found a new job and will start work before January 1, 2009. Rumors say Shen may join Tencent and will be in charge of website and public relations, but the news is neither confirmed by Shen nor by Tencent.
Shen joined Alibaba Group in November 2006 and was appointed vice president for Alibaba Group and vice president for Yahoo China. Over the past two years, Shen was in charge of Yahoo China's business expansion in marketing, public relations and email box sectors.
Before joining Alibaba Group, Shen worked in Sina.com for nearly eight years as director for business development, vice general manager for business development and vice president for marketing.
Leave A Comment:
- ZTE Responds To Huawei's European Patent Lawsuit
- Taiwanese Display Maker Sues Nokia For Touch Screen Patent Infringement
- Copyright Problems: Xunlei's Gougou.com Terminates Chinese Search Service
- Chinese Government Steps In To Regulate Internet Retail Services
- Chinese Online Literature Search Service Opened By Cloudary, Qihoo 360