Oak Pacific Interactive's Three SNS Games Closed For Involvement Of Gang ThemeJuly 31, 2009 | Print | Comments | Category: Internet, Law & Policy
China's Ministry of Culture has published a notice on its official website, stating that it will start to investigate gang-themed illegal online games in China.
The Ministry of Culture pointed out in the notice that gang-themed illegal online games seriously threaten and distort the social laws and ethics of China, and these themes will bring bad effects to young people. Therefore, the ministry asked local departments to investigate these online games immediately.
Three of Oak Pacific Interactive's social networking online games, including Mop.com's "Jiang Hu", Kaixin.com's "Godfather", and Xiaonei.com's "Gu Huo Zai" were closed in this campaign; and another gang-themed SNS online game named "Ren Zai Jiang Hu" was also closed at the same time.
Leave A Comment:
- What Chilling Effect Would Alibaba's Investment Have On Free Media?
- Apple Malware Infestation In China Shows Companies' Weaknesses
- How Many Ways Can Airbnb Fail (Or Succeed) In China?
- China's Great Cannon Raises Questions For China's Top Search Engine
- What Twitter Can And Can't Do In Hong Kong As It Views China