China's 360 Launches Free Mobile Phone Security SoftwareMarch 8, 2010 | Print | Comments | Category: Security, Software, Telecom & Wireless
Chinese security software provider 360 has announced plans to launch a permanently free-of-charge mobile phone security software product to help users solve increasing problems of spam SMS and nuisance calls.
Zhou Hongwei, chairman of 360, told local media that combining 360's security technologies with successful experience in fighting malware, trojans, and viruses, the company will provide protection to the 700 million mobile phone users in China while maintaining its free-of-charge philosophy.
Zhou said 360 mobile phone security software has many practical functions which can prevent spam wireless short messages, nuisance calls, and privacy leaks. It attracted over one million users during the beta test period, and now the software is available free from the company's website.
This new product currently can support mobile phones based on Symbian's S60V2, V3, and V5 platforms, covering nearly 100 types of mobile phones made by Nokia, Samsung, and LG. A new version of the software that can support Google's Android platform will start testing soon.
One Response to “China's 360 Launches Free Mobile Phone Security Software”
Leave A Comment:
- Travelers Beware: Hacker Exposes Chinese Airline Security Hole
- China UnionPay Rumored To Soon Launch Mobile Payment Service For Android Smartphones
- China's Alipay Will Provide Internet Payment Services To Gilt
- BTCChina Forges Bitcoin Deal With Chinese E-commerce Sites
- Xiaomi Moves Overseas Mobile Phone Data Away From Chinese Servers