Xiaomi's MiTalk To Enter Southeast Asian MarketJanuary 29, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics, Software, Telecom & Wireless
MiTalk, the instant messaging and social application from the Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi, has formed a partnership with Mface, a mobile social network in Southeast Asia, for the promotion of MiTalk throughout the entire Asian market.
MiTalk will develop a customized version for users of Mface, which is expected to be launched before the start of the Chinese New Year in February. The customized version of MiTalk will be available in Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, and Indonesia. It aims to have five million users in 12 months. To date, MiTalk boasts 23 million registered users.
Under this cooperation, MiTalk will be responsible for the development and launch of new versions; while Mface will lead the operations and marketing. In addition, Mface will cooperate with local companies to enhance MiTalk's functions such as LBS services. The cooperation is still in the trial stage and financial terms of the deal have not been released.
Mface is a mobile social network that combines functions like microblogs, blogs, social media, and social networking.
Leave A Comment:
- China Unicom's Profit Climbs With Growing User Base And Lower Costs
- Xiaomi Moves Overseas Mobile Phone Data Away From Chinese Servers
- JD.com Teams With China Post To Expand O2O To Small Chinese Towns
- China Mobile's ARPU Drops While Net Profit Sinks 9.7%
- Lenovo Creates Mobile Phone Development Subsidiary