Xiaomi's MiTalk To Enter Southeast Asian MarketJanuary 29, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics, Software, Telecom & Wireless
MiTalk, the instant messaging and social application from the Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi, has formed a partnership with Mface, a mobile social network in Southeast Asia, for the promotion of MiTalk throughout the entire Asian market.
MiTalk will develop a customized version for users of Mface, which is expected to be launched before the start of the Chinese New Year in February. The customized version of MiTalk will be available in Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, and Indonesia. It aims to have five million users in 12 months. To date, MiTalk boasts 23 million registered users.
Under this cooperation, MiTalk will be responsible for the development and launch of new versions; while Mface will lead the operations and marketing. In addition, Mface will cooperate with local companies to enhance MiTalk's functions such as LBS services. The cooperation is still in the trial stage and financial terms of the deal have not been released.
Mface is a mobile social network that combines functions like microblogs, blogs, social media, and social networking.
Leave A Comment:
- YY Launches Internet Education Initiative In China
- LTE War: China Unicom Gains New 3G Users While Others Flee China Telecom
- Kunlun.com Announces CNY1 Billion Mobile Game Publishing Plans
- Sina Weibo Started Making Profits In Late 2013
- 17u.cn Gains CNY500 Million Investment To Grow Chinese Internet Travel Business
- Goodbye Moto! Google Flips Failed Motorola Mobility Unit To China's Lenovo
- Chinese Websites Fail On DNS Outage Suspected From US Location
- Former Head Of Google Greater China Joins Qihoo 360
- China's Taobao.com Bans Sales Of Bitcoin-related Products
- Kingsoft Bestows Perpetual Office Software License On Tencent