Amazon.cn Begins Convenient Pick-up Service In ShanghaiApril 8, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics, Internet
Amazon.cn announced that it has cooperated with FamilyMart retail convenience stores in the launch of a pick-up service in Shanghai.
Nearly 100 pick-up sites will be launched in the first wave, covering most areas in the city.
Yao Zhongen, vice president for the transportation and distribution division of Amazon.cn, said that the pick-up service launched in those 24-hour running convenience stores will ensure the timely delivery of products and it allows customers to pick up the goods on their own schedule.
FamilyMart entered the Chinese market in 2004. It has distributed outlets in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Guangzhou, and Chengdu. According to Amazon.cn, the reason for selecting FamilyMart as its partner to launch the service is because of its good service and large outlet coverage in Shanghai.
Customers can pay for the products with credit cards or cash when picking up in FamilyMart convenience stores; while all online payment methods are still available on Amazon.cn.
Leave A Comment:
- Travelers Beware: Hacker Exposes Chinese Airline Security Hole
- China UnionPay Rumored To Soon Launch Mobile Payment Service For Android Smartphones
- China's Alipay Will Provide Internet Payment Services To Gilt
- BTCChina Forges Bitcoin Deal With Chinese E-commerce Sites
- Xiaomi Moves Overseas Mobile Phone Data Away From Chinese Servers