Amazon.cn Begins Convenient Pick-up Service In ShanghaiApril 8, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Gadgets & Electronics, Internet
Amazon.cn announced that it has cooperated with FamilyMart retail convenience stores in the launch of a pick-up service in Shanghai.
Nearly 100 pick-up sites will be launched in the first wave, covering most areas in the city.
Yao Zhongen, vice president for the transportation and distribution division of Amazon.cn, said that the pick-up service launched in those 24-hour running convenience stores will ensure the timely delivery of products and it allows customers to pick up the goods on their own schedule.
FamilyMart entered the Chinese market in 2004. It has distributed outlets in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Guangzhou, and Chengdu. According to Amazon.cn, the reason for selecting FamilyMart as its partner to launch the service is because of its good service and large outlet coverage in Shanghai.
Customers can pay for the products with credit cards or cash when picking up in FamilyMart convenience stores; while all online payment methods are still available on Amazon.cn.
Leave A Comment:
- What Chilling Effect Would Alibaba's Investment Have On Free Media?
- Apple Malware Infestation In China Shows Companies' Weaknesses
- How Many Ways Can Airbnb Fail (Or Succeed) In China?
- China's Great Cannon Raises Questions For China's Top Search Engine
- What Twitter Can And Can't Do In Hong Kong As It Views China
- Cheetah Mobile Appoints Tencent's Li Zhaohui As Director
- Lenovo Reports First Quarterly Losses Over Past Six Years
- NetEase Invests USD25 Million In Finnish Gaming Start-up
- Chinese E-Commerce Eyes Stability During Year's Biggest Shopping Day
- China's ZTE Net Profit Up 42% In First Three Quarters Of 2015