UCWeb Confirms Acquisition Of PP AssistantDecember 12, 2013 | Print | Comments | Category: Business, Software, Telecom & Wireless
Zhu Shunyan, chief operating officer of China-based UCWeb, revealed during the Global Mobile Game Development Trend Summit that they have acquired PP Assistant and integration will soon be completed.
Zhu did not disclose any financial details of the deal involving Teiron Network Technology, parent of PP Assistant.
In October 2013, rumors swirled that UCWeb would acquire this mobile system assistant tool for about USD100 million. UCWeb did not give any comment on the rumor at that time.
With this acquisition, UCWeb will be able to enhance its control in the smartphone interface sector, making it one of the largest mobile application distribution platforms in China.
PP Assistant is a management client for mobile devices running on iOS and Android systems. It can provide downloads, installation and management functions for software, games, wallpapers, and ringtones of iOS and Android devices. The company currently claims to have 40 million users on iOS devices and its average daily downloads of apps are reportedly over eight million.
Leave A Comment:
- Goodbye Moto! Google Flips Failed Motorola Mobility Unit To China's Lenovo
- Chinese Websites Fail On DNS Outage Suspected From US Location
- Former Head Of Google Greater China Joins Qihoo 360
- China's Taobao.com Bans Sales Of Bitcoin-related Products
- Kingsoft Bestows Perpetual Office Software License On Tencent